There is so much written about pregnancy and childbirth. But what about those who are battling to conceive? In Germany alone there are over 6 million men and women that are childless against their wishes. There are many reasons why a couple might be having trouble to conceive. Here are some of them:
- Mental / emotional Stress
- Problems during ovulation such, e.g. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Endometriosis (appearance of endometrial tissue outside the womb)
- Fallopian tubes are blocked
- Low sperm count
- Cervical mucous attacking sperm
- Too little progesterone
Each case is very individual. In some cases there is, in fact, nothing that can be done. But in many, homeopathic treatment can increase chances of conception. Remedies address and strengthen the reproductive organs in both men and women, as well as sorting out hormonal imbalances by escalating blood flow to the pelvic area, and preventing the uterus from contracting therefore reducing chances of miscarriage. And in men the quality and quantity of sperm count can be improved.
But most importantly, in my opinion, is the rebalancing affect remedies can have on your metal and emotional level. One of the main modern causes for not being able to fall pregnant is stress. A deep-acting constitutional remedy is essential in helping rebalance your response to the world and subsequently helping you to feel free, balanced and happy whatever situation you may be in. This way your hormones can go about their job in a normal way rather than being caught up in a fight/flight modus.
Apart from a well-prescribed constitutional remedy here are a few things you can start doing at home to help you get pregnant naturally:
- Find out what makes you happy and find ways to do more of that!
- Cut out sugar and white flour from your diet. I know, this sounds like something that everyone just says – the standard response to everything! But it is in fact very important. Sugar has a direct affect on the release of adrenalin in your body, which in turn can put your estrogen, progesterone, and the androgens DHEA and testosterone out of balance.
- Start taking Omega 3 Fatty acids. These are crucial for healthy hormone functioning.
- Folic acid and B-Complex – Folic acid is just part of the very important B-Complex family of vitamins which are necessary for producing genetic material and increasing fertility.
- Zinc – Zinc is important for both men and women in terms of fertility. It is necessary to help the body use the reproductive hormones, oestrogen and progesterone properly and helps reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin.
- Make sure you are producing enough cervical mucous so that it does not attack the sperm, resulting in failure to conceive. Drink at least 1.5 to 2 Litres of water every day and make sure you are doing regular exercise to improve blood flow.
- Have your thyroid checked.
- And obviously make sure that you are having sexual intercourse at the time of ovulation!
There are also many great herbs and homeopathic remedies that can support your and your partner’s fertility, depending on your specific needs or problems. Contact me to book an individualised appointment that addresses these to give you a better chance at starting or growing your family.